Black wattle, vaalbos, poplar, Arcasia etc, as feed for cattle and game. Selected bush, shrubs and trees as a bush feed. Ritlee have sheep farmers, game farmers etc doing this successfully with +60 units chipping and grinding producing feed.
Give Ritlee a call for a demo or referral names.
Feed for cattle here they are eating 90% wattle and 10% chop
Black Wattle branches with their leaves 3 years and Younger used.
Video of Ritlee 225 Mk2 wood chipper with grinder Tractor mounted
Ritlee have manufactured and marketed 225 wood chipper (Hout Kerver) chipper since 2003 when we introduced our first trailer mounted and tractor mounted units with sales of some 10 units in our first 6 months of manufacture.
In 2015, when our drought was real bad, Ritlee observed in areas where there was no grass, a lot of selected trees and bush was eaten to the height which the local animals could reach.– This got our innovator juices flowing!
This lead to a lot of in depth research on the practicality of this. See below!
In January, 2016, during the bad droughts, we introduced our grinder option on the following 225 wood chipper models:
- Ritlee 225 Tractor Mounted gravity feed (Self Feed) + Grinder
- Ritlee 225 Trailer Mounted gravity feed (Self Feed) + Grinder
- Ritlee 225 Tractor Mounted hydraulic feed + Grinder
- Ritlee 225 Tractor Mounted hydraulic feed + Grinder
For processing the wood, bush, and its attached leaves into a consistency ideal for cattle and game feed.
Black wattle, vaalbos, poplar etc, as feed for cattle and game
After chipping and grinding black wattle branches with leaves 30 months old and younger using our 225 wood chipper with grinder attachment, a sample of Black Wattle was analised by a laboritory.
They reported content has 31.94% Soluble Proteins, 13.59% Crude Protein & amp, 12.87% Adjusted Crude Proteins. Plus plenty more goodness and fibre! Please see all our Analysis downloads below and attached!
A good customer of Ritlee’s who has 2 dairy farms in Eastern Cape and 1x Cattle farm in Botswana, has been feeding his cattle Black Wattle in Eastern Cape since January 2016 as well as his cattle in Botswana Swart Haak — sent me a mail saying:
Hi Marc, Butter fat levels dropped after Black Wattle chips were removed from the ration !! Very encouraging!!
Milk protein levels marginally increased … because of high protein pasture replacing wattle chips…expected !
I will also foward u some interesting positive (Botswana) feedlot results.
- He has 2x 225 chippers with grinder working on his farms in Eastern Cape processing Back wattle and Chop–Then 1x 225 Hyd chipper with grinder working in Botswana. (Doing Acasia– Swart Haak)
- He has University students studying alternative feeds on his farms with really impressive and positive results which i hope to publish with their permission.
- Alan has told me that his feed bill has dropped by more than half since he started feeding his cattle with Black Wattle
Tractor Mounted Gravity feed
New! 225 wood chipper with grinder Model Mk2 giving +3 Cu Meter grindings per hour
Trailer Mounted with own engine also available on request!
Our Standard 225 wood chipper with grinder
Tractor and trailer mounted Hydraulic feed
Ritlee 225 Wood chipper Hydraulic Feed Tractor mounted version
Ritlee 225 Wood Chipper with Hydraulic feed on own trailer with diesel or petrol engine
Above is a video with Alan explaining his black wattle efforts. (Alan is situated in the Eastern Cape) Most of the pictures used on this page were taken at his farm. He has been feeding his cattle black wattle since about January 2016.
Sorry about the quality of this Video– best for now!– His message is what is important!
Please tell your farmer friends and assosciates to visit this page— All helps!!
Also— Selected Trees and shrubs like Soetdoring, Port Jackson, Poplar, Haak en Steek, Swart haak, Vaalbos, — etc can also be used as a feed suplement– see below for a more complete listing as well as Laboritory test results illustrating nutritional values etc.
Since beginning 2016 Ritlee have tried to assist cattle, sheep, goat and game farmers with both:
Gathered information for feed supplementing in a economical way and using specific local bush and trees to achieve this end.
Below and downloadable you will see a good amount of interesting reading:
(If you have anything to contribute, PLEASE send me a copy for me to Upload on this page)
- Analysis reports of various bush and tree grindings, done by reputable laboratories, their proteins, fibre, fat, ME, ash, ADF, NDF etc
- A list of different bush found in SA with their palatability
- Full info on Brouse Plus, a suggested additive in the drinking water for the control of Tannin content. (Some farmers do not use this– They chip, grind and feed straight off! also with excellent results!–They say the Tannins disipate when chipping and grinding)
- A quick simple story about a animal’s gut
- Some Mixes.
- Downloads of Ritlee 225 Chipper with grinder
Typically farmers are using the following bush and trees:
- Black and silver Wattle, Port Jackson, Soetdoring, Poplar, Haak en steek, Swart haak, Rosyntjie, Gwamiebos, Kameeldoring, Wag n Bietjie, Voelent, Gobabis, Prosopis etc–(all the Acasias)
- With Black Wattle farmers normally chip and grind branches with their leaves of growth which is in average 2 years old and younger.
- A lot of these have been tested and analised by professional laboritories — downloadable reports below!
- It is totally suggested that your local bush or trees be tested first before chipping and grinding through a Ritlee 225 chipper with grinder for feed.
- I am NO farmer and all I am offering on this page is results from a lot of reading, info from colleges and universities, from farmers, discussion groups on Facebook etc.
- Please if you get any analysis done, please send me a copy of the results to upload on this page for other farmers to refer to– The more info the better!
- Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone me on 0844534499
- Ritlee really will appreciate any comments or sugestions you may have– this is the only way we can improve both our product and our company!
- Ritlee 225 wood chipper customers are our best salesmen — Happy – tell your farmer friends, not happy – please let us know! (We are always improving!)
When ordering a grinder attachment, this must be done at order. (With grinder, we have a manual operated trap door —open, normal chipper and closed all chips are diverted to grinding chamber for grinding!– Really does work well!
- Break the condensed tannin/protein complex to release proteins, which are essential for the action of the micro flora in the rumen as well as for the digestion of cellulose.
- Prevents the absorption of the hydrolysable tannins.
- Where structure of resin is modified, which then neutralises their negative effect on proteolytic enzymes.
- Allow the intestine to absorb vital nutrients more efficiently.
- Leaf intake of normally browsed plants, will be in- creased considerably together with plants not normally eaten.
- Increased grazing of less palatable grasses.
- Digestion is more active.
- Dung will become softer with a green consistency.
- Game animals will also benefit especially in draught conditions.
FEED ADDATIVE DOWNLOADS YOU CAN OPEN TO PRINT, READ OR SAVE!
Content you should read & Interesting reading on Digestive System:
Some Analysis of Bush & Tree Results
Analysis Reports Downloads you can open to read, print or save!
Some Interesting Reading and an Analysis of Indigenous Bush and its Palatability
Reading Downloads you can open to read, print or save!
Feed Mixes Farmer’s Have Shared with Me
Please will you forward your succesful mixes you feel other farmers will be interested in. I will upload load these on this web page!
To: email@example.com My cel: 0844534499