Ritlee Wood Pecker Wood Shaver
Built for the production of bedding for chickens, horses, pigs etc. Production is a average of 8 cu meter per hour.
Wood shaver shaving with the grain of wood for soft high absorbing shavings used as bedding.
The best wood used is pine as it has the highest absorption properties.
Be sure to use your used shavings from your chicken runs, horse stables etc in the production of compost
Compost your chicked, horse, pig waste to use all over your farm!
Typical wood sizing and specs of shaver!
The Ritlee Wood Shaver can shave wood logs with a diameter from 5cm to 40cm and a length of 90cm to 120cm.
At full production, fully loaded, the Ritlee Wood Shaver will produce up to 8cu meters of shavings per hour.
Shaving thickness adjustable–Both shaving blocks are mounted on sturdy floating frame which is totally adjustable and easily fixable
Wood offcuts also used– Video below!
Wood Shaver Specifications
- Built for: Shavings for chicken, pig & equestrian industry
- Operation: Cut logs are dragged across 2x shaving blocks working in opposite directions – can be adjusted for thickness of shavings
- Main Chassis: 1035mm (W) x 3600mm (L) x 1570mm (H0 and powder coated
- Steel Type & Weight: Chassis: 7.6mm x 38.0mm x 5mm channel steel. Total weight: 750kg
- Log Containing Bin: Hopper size: 470mm x 1220mm x 550mm
- Made from: 6mm pressed steel and running on 4x double bearing steel pulleys on tracks
- Shaving Blocks: 2x High speed and precision balanced 450mm (W) x 110mm diameter x 80mm carrier shaft with 4x shaving blades on each.
- 4 blades used for finer chicken shavings,
- 2 blades used for equestrian shavings
- Shaving Thickness Setting: Blocks are mounted on sturdy floating frame which is totally adjustable and fixable.
- Shaving Discharge: 1,200mm conveyer with side and back skirting for a clean operation
- Drive: Block: Each shaving block is fitted with it’s own 11kw electric motor (Total 2)
- Drive: Bin & Belt: 1x 11kw Electric motor which is geared for correct speed to drive both
- Cable Feed: Customer to have 4 core 4mm per core cabling ready for join up
- Electricity Use: Each motor starts individually and uses 25 Amps each at start up then runs at average 12 Amps while doing work.
- General: Please note unit delivered without transport wheels
- Production: 6 to 8cu meter shavings per hour (Bin must be fully loaded)
- Electric Wiring: All wiring is done at Ritlee’s factory – fitted with additional 2x emergency stops. Client will need to provide 16mm 4 core shielded 3 phase wiring to where unit will operate which should be coupled to control box containing starters.
- Types of Log: Wattle, Pine, Eucalyptus etc. to be cut between 900mm to 1200mm lengths with a diameter of no less than 50mm and no thicker than 400mm
Wood Shaver Videos:
Shaver in action:– Producing some 8 cu meter shavings per hour!
We have been asked quite often now if our shaver will shave wood planking offcuts of various lengthe.
This video shows the hopper filled with these offcuts and the steel special plate we made to control these offcuts better
But yes– It does work well.
When shaving this type of material– ALWAYS remember:
- Best shavings are made with the grain of the wood.
- Off cuts MUST be packed into bin with grain of wood in direction of travel of the shaver
- Just pouring them in will give you trouble with blocking etc
- After this video we found that if wood offcuts are packed with widest area making the first contact with the shaving blocks, and, obviously the wood grain in the same direction as the travel of the shaver bin, You will be given near perfect shavings.
Our Ritlee Woodpecker Shaver is our newest product which Ritlee has designed and busy manufacturing.
We put our first unit into the SA Market in November 2009. Since then, we have put a good amount of units into the SA Market.
We have some customers with their 2nd or 3rd and one who is now operating 4 units. Our Woodpecker Wood Shaver is our answer to having a real practical, effective, efficient, simple, strong, durable shaver for all applications.