Ritlee Wood Shaver is ideal for the production of your own bedding for chickens, horses, pigs etc. She does a average of 8 cu meter per hour.
For the producion of wood shavings for your horse, chicken or pig bedding. The Ritlee Wood Shaver can shave wood logs with a diameter from 5cm to 40cm and a length of 90cm to 120cm. At full production, fully loaded, the Ritlee Wood Shaver will produce up to 8cu meters of shavings per hour.
Wood Shaver Specifications
- Built for: Shavings for chicken, pig & equestrian industry
- Principal of Operation: Cut logs are dragged across 2z shaving blocks working in opposite directions – can be adjusted for thickness of shavings
- Main Chassis: 1035mm (W) x 3600mm (L) x 1570mm (H0 and powder coated
- Steel Type & Weight: Chassis: 7.6mm x 38.0mm x 5mm channel steel. Total weight: 750kg
- Log Containing Bin: Hopper size: 470mm x 1220mm x 550mm
- Made from: 6mm pressed steel and running on 4x double bearing steel pulleys on tracks
- Shaving Blocks: 2x High speed and precision balanced 450mm (W) x 110mm diameter x 80mm carrier shaft with 4x shaving blades on each. 4 blades used for finer chicken shavings, 2 blades used for equestrian shavings
- Shaving Thickness Setting: Both shaving blocks are mounted on sturdy floating frame which is totally adjustable and easily fixable.
- Shaving Discharge: 1,200mm conveyer with side and back skirting for a clean operation
- Drive: Block: Each shaving block is fitted with it’s own 11kw electric motor (Total 2)
- Drive: Bin & Belt: 1x 11kw Electric motor which is geared for correct speed to drive both
- Cable Feed: Customer to have 4 core 4mm per core cabling ready for join up
- Electricity Use: Each motor starts individually and uses 25 Amps each at start up then runs at average 12 Amps while doing work.
- General: Please note unit delivered without transport wheels
- Production: 6 to 8cu meter shavings per hour (Bin must be fully loaded)
- Electric Wiring: All wiring is done at Ritlee’s factory – fitted with additional 2x emergency stops. Client will need to provide 16mm 4 core shielded 3 phase wiring to where unit will operate which should be coupled to control box containing starters.
- Types of Log: Wattle, Pine, Eucalyptus etc. to be cut between 900mm to 1200mm lengths with a diameter of no less than 50mm and no thicker than 400mm
Wood Shaver Gallery:
Our Ritlee Woodpecker Shaver is our newest product which Ritlee has designed and busy manufacturing.
We put our first unit into the SA Market in November 2009. Since then, we have put quite a number into the SA Market. We have some customers with their 2nd and one who is now operating 3 units. Our Woodpecker Wood Shaver is our answer to having a real practical, effective, efficient, simple, strong, durable shaver for all applications.