Ritlee’s effort to assist farmers to use their local selected bush and trees as feed for all Ruminants which includes cattle, sheep, goats and game.
Black wattle, Acacia, Poplar tree, Port Jackson and a lot more bush and trees chipping and grinding for feed for cattle, goats, game.
Black wattle growth with leaves which is 2 to 3 years old and younger is best for protein levels.
Farmers are using most Acacia, Poplar tree, Port Jackson and a lot more bush and trees.
Note the finished product. This was produced through a 15mm holed screen.
Ritlee customer farmers state to me that
- Production is 1/3 the cost of if you bought in feed like Lucern.
- There is vurtually no wastage.
- This is ideal for cud which cattle do not have with fine feed.
- Is a ideal form of roughage.
This is one of some Face Book groups with well over 500 members now. They organise get togethers and discuss their experiences with alternate feeding and contribute suggestions for improving and saving.
See attached report where this farmer improved his milk fats as well as protein levels while on this mix for 7 month trials.
Related pages to visit on our web for our 225 wood chippers with optional grinders:
These pages cover our Ritlee 225 wood chipper with grinder and the TRF range of wood chippers with grinder used for the production of feed.
All are now developed so that you have a normal wood chipper capable of chipping brush and wood 180 or 250mm diameter, depending on model, where with simply engaging a lever, closing a door or changing a screen you now have a grinder as well as a “All in one unit!” all done in one pass!
Reading Downloads you can open to read, print or save!
Useful reading Downloads
Analysis Reports Downloads you can open to read, print or save!
FEED ADDATIVE DOWNLOADS YOU CAN OPEN TO PRINT, READ OR SAVE!
In 2015, when our drought was real bad, Ritlee observed in areas where there was no grass, a lot of selected trees and bush was eaten to the height which the local animals could reach.– This got our innovator juices flowing!
This lead to a lot of in depth research on the practicality of this. See below!
In January, 2016, during the bad droughts, we introduced our grinder option on the following 225 wood chipper models:
- Ritlee 225 Tractor Mounted gravity feed (Self Feed) + Grinder
- Ritlee 225 Trailer Mounted gravity feed (Self Feed) + Grinder
- Ritlee 225 Tractor Mounted hydraulic feed + Grinder
- Ritlee 225 Trailer Mounted hydraulic feed + Grinder
- Break the condensed tannin/protein complex to release proteins, which are essential for the action of the micro flora in the rumen as well as for the digestion of cellulose.
- Prevents the absorption of the hydrolysable tannins.
- Where structure of resin is modified, which then neutralises their negative effect on proteolytic enzymes.
- Allow the intestine to absorb vital nutrients more efficiently.
- Leaf intake of normally browsed plants, will be in- creased considerably together with plants not normally eaten.
- Increased grazing of less palatable grasses.
- Digestion is more active.
- Dung will become softer with a green consistency.
- Game animals will also benefit especially in draught conditions.
Some Interesting Reading and an Analysis of Indigenous Bush and its Palatability